"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Android 2.3.3

Hi, I would like to ask is it possible to run videoplayback example file on android 2.3.3 handphone?

How about virtual button sample file?

AlessandroB

Fri, 03/15/2013 - 17:01

Hi, yes it is possible, however videos can only be played in fullscreen mode on 2.3.3;

if you want to have the video on texture (i.e. in 3D on the trackable surface), you will need Android 4.0 or above.

Thanks for the information. Is it possible to change the video displayed on 2.3.3?

Do you mean playing a different video file ? or display the video in a different way ?

Sure, you can play any video file of your choice, of course; the files used by the sample are located in the "/assets" directory of the project;

Thanks for the information. However, I having problem in compiling the videoplayback sample. Do i need to compile the file with cygwin?

You need to compile with ndk-build in cygwin for every Vuforia sample, including VideoPlayback.

ndk-build is required for the first time as well as for any change in the native (C++) code; it's not required if you change the Java code only.

Hi, i encounter problem in compiling the videoplayback example. The error is like this,

Looks like you have not included <QCAR/TrackableResult.h>, add this line:

#include <QCAR/TrackableResult.h>

Hi,

I encounter problem in running the file in eclipse now.

In the videoPlayback file, it request me to download sdk API 17, is it possible to change it to lower version such as sdk API10?

It is possible to set it to API level 10, but then you won;t be able to use the video-on-texture feature (i.e. you will only be able to use fullscreen videos);

I would strongly recommend to download API 17. 

Hi, I noticed that "#include <QCAR/TrackableResult.h>" had already included in VideoPlayback.cpp file.

Are you using 1.5.9 ?

The class TrackableResult is not available in 1.5.9; 

I would encourage you to download and install Vuforia 2.0 and the related samples (which include VideoPlayback)

Ya, i am using 1.5.9. Thanks for the information. Is Vuforia 2.0 a library as 1.5.9?

I successfully run the sample files. Thanks for your help. I am going to edit it, may need more help in future. Sorry for the trouble and thanks a lot. =)