Problem with unmodified video playback sample app (8.3.8 ) on OnePlus 6T

July 9, 2019 - 10:18am #1

Couple of hours ago I posted a problem I have on OnePlus 6T with playing video on textures. I thought the problem was not happening on the sample app provided by Vuforia, but it actually happens (Vuforia + sample version 8.3.8). You just have to pause the video, and you start to see weird green/pink rectangles on the screen.

Here is a screen capture video (I start the video, pause it, pay it again, and pause it again) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQv8_kx8Vm0

I hope this get addressed quite soon. We need to update to latest Vuforia for 64 bits support, Google will not authorize updates after the 1st of august without 64 bits binaries.

But right now, we can't update with this behaviour, OnePlus 6 is a very popular device, and it could certainly happen on other OnePlus devices or other brands/models too.

So after the 1st of August we won't be able to publish updates to our apps if nothing is done to fix this. Thanks for your help/support.

July 18, 2019 - 1:25am #5

medabit wrote:

My suggestion is that you test this on another, non-OnePlus, device

Hmmm, of course I did test on other devices. I saw the problem only on OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T, my other tests were on Sony Xperia Z5 compact, Huawei Honor 7, Samsung s5 neo, Samsung S7, HTC One.

medabit wrote:

In the past we've received reports of similar problems and have traced them back to either Unity or the device's software.

I'm using native android framework, not Unity. Before I updated to Vuforia 8.3.8, I was using Vuforia 7.0.x, and all was working perfectly on OnePlus 6T. So your point about device software problem is not valid.

medabit wrote:

More importantly, the Video Playback sample is not a feature of Vuforia.

Nobody can say where the problem comes from. It could be at 50% in the framework, or at 50% in the sample app.

If this is fine for you that your sample app + framwework is not working on one of the most popular device in the world, well I'm done. At least ask your team to get a OnePlus 6T and test this problem that is very easy to reproduce.

July 16, 2019 - 4:29pm #4

Hello,

My suggestion is that you test this on another, non-OnePlus, device. In the past we've received reports of similar problems and have traced them back to either Unity or the device's software.

More importantly, the Video Playback sample is not a feature of Vuforia. Rather, it is a demonstration app that provides source code to devs as a reference for creating a similar experience. Unfortunately, this can also mean that your success may vary when trying to re-use the sample in its existing form.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

July 15, 2019 - 1:15pm #3

Hmmm, a week later still no answers, so we pay 5000$ a year for this kind of "support" ? Any other channel to get support on this matter than this forum ?

July 11, 2019 - 12:22pm #2

Just tested the video playback sample app (still version 8.3.8) on the OnePlus 6 (my previous test was on a onePls 6T), and same problem happens.

I would appreciate some feedback from the Vuforia team on this topic, thank you.