"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Upgrate to Android 6.0.1 and dark camera

Hi all,

I got the dark camera problem with my latest build on Android : the camera barely see the marker, and the video feed is very dark. 

The only thing I changed (that I can think off) is that I upgraded my Android Galaxy Tab A to 6.0.1. 

Is it a known bug? What can I do to get it fixed? 

This happen on the 3 tablets I  installed my project on. (before all was fine)

Many thanks

Thomas

adDispatchARTeam

Thu, 08/11/2016 - 18:33

Same here.  Using Vuforia 6.0.112 on Samsung Tab A 8" running Marshmallow - If I use the native camera app, the exposure adjusts based on lighting.

HI there, 

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A using Android 6.0.1

thanks

Thomas

Hello,

Apologies for not being more specific. I'm looking for the string in the field "Model number" under Settings->About device. My expectation is that is it similar to SM-T357W.

I'm asking to determine the specifics of this device, and if we have it in our inventory.

Hi, 

the model number is SM-T550

thank you

medabit

Thu, 08/18/2016 - 18:44

In reply to by advlab

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. We currently do not have any tablets running Android M at this so I cannot directly evaluate.

I will look to procure a similar device in the near future and report back my findings.

Hello,

Still waiting on procurement of this device in an attempt to replicate the issue. New ticketing system is not helping ;-)

Thanks

Hello,

I was able to replicate the dark camera issue on a Samsung SM-T550. Please find the video here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fo7uj49hqpwm2q0/Samsung_SM-T550_dark_camera_preview.mp4?dl=0

Hi, 

thank you for checking this out.

What is annoying is that is was working fine, same app, same device, until I update to the latest Android 6.0.1. Maybe it is not even related, it is an assumption that I make. 

Same problem here! Got my SM-T813 today, everything was working perfectly, then an automated update started and now I have a dark screen!

It's rather impossible to use Vuforia for development if issues like these persist :(

I have had this problem and been googling like a maniac and tried different things.

I then realised that my API setting were automatic in player settings in Unity 5. I unchecked that and set it to GLES 2.0

Hello,

We've spent a bit more time investigating this issue and have found the following Android 6.0 devices do not exhibit a dark camera feed when running Vuforia 6.X:

Hello,

We believe that we've identified the issue and are working to provide an SDK patch release in the near future to resolve.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Hello,

A fix for this issue was included in our Android 6.2.10 patch release: https://developer.vuforia.com/downloads/sdk

Thanks