"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Cloud on Xcode 4 on Mac OS X 10.8

Hi,

I was reading this paragraph under Sample Specific Notes under the sample page named Cloud Recognition :

Creating Your Cloud Database

The cloud recognition sample is configured with access credentials to a cloud project provisioned by the Vuforia team to allow the sample app to work out-of-the-box. If you would like to experiment with this feature we recommend that you do the following:

1. Sign-up for the cloud recognition service inside the Target Manager.
  2. Create a cloud database.
  3. Provision a couple of images.
  4. Download the client access/secret keys and replace the default ones in /jni/CloudReco.h.

After you take those steps, the newly compiled sample will query your cloud database for images.

Use the Target Manager UI to provision images for testing and small projects (up to ~100 targets). If you would like to scale beyond that, we recommend using the Vuforia Web Service that enables provisioning of targets using a web service API.

The Step describe in number 4 puzzle, me because I do not see a folder named /jni and a file named CloudReco.h in order to put my key and try to explore the Cloud.

Thanks for your help

Regisma

AlessandroB

Thu, 01/10/2013 - 16:30

Hi regisma,

the instructions refer to the Android version (so they are incorrect for iOS); in Android there is a header file called CloudReco.h where those keys (access/secret) are defined;