How to scan just 10 of 100 cloud markers?

August 2, 2018 - 6:43am #1

Hi there,

If I had an Unity App using Cloud recognition, that for a random reason I wanted to just show AR content for 10 markers within a 100 marker cloud dataset. Is there a way that I can tell Vuforia not to bother looking/reporting for the other 90 markers, or is it the case that I simply code the  Unity app to ignore when Vuforira returns that markers 11 - 100 have ben found and only handle when the first 10 are found?

The above is a very basic example of what I want to do, in real world i'm looking more for creating smaller sub sets of possible markers to show from the larger database.

So subset 1 may contain markers 1 to 50 of the 100 markers

subset 2 may contain all even numbered markers from the 100

subset 3 may just be marker 46 and 76.

Thanks,

August 2, 2018 - 3:12pm #3

Hello,

There are no Cloud Reco APIs in SDK 7.2 that can instruct the SDK to "ignore" specific targets. When the Cloud Reco service is running, the SDK will automatically send good camera frames (i.e. not blurry, good lighting) to the service. If a match is made, a reco response is returned.

This *may* be able to be handled in app logic as each reco result has several fields that could be used. For example, if you named each target numerically (1 through 100), you could ignore search results for 11-100 based upon the returned target name. The metadata field could also be used in a similar fashion.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

August 2, 2018 - 8:42am #2

Adding on to the above question. Was just thinking that if I had a cloud database with just 2 markers. But i only wanted the 1st to do anything. But the app was on a device where both markers were visible to the camera, then ignoring Vuforia saying the 2nd marker was found wouldnt work would it, as it then wouldnt also say the 1st marker was found?