How to download more than 120 image targets?

January 8, 2013 - 2:01am #1

G'day,

I have created a device database of 133 targets but can't download the set as ZIP file because the page size if limited to 120 targets.
The pager is working but if I selecting  targets on one page and switch pages the selection is removed...

How can I download a set with more than 120 targets?

Thanks for all the help!

Ad

Hi, if in your specific use

January 8, 2013 - 9:39am #6

Hi,

if in your specific use case you really need (as a requriement) to check all the targets at the same time, then there is no easy solution with Device Databases  (as you said, "how does the system know that the target is not in the current DB".... that's indeed not something that can be solved).

In this case, if you have more than 100 targets then the Cloud is the only solution; if you don;t want to rely on network connection, than there are not many alternatives.

I don't know if Vuforia 2.1 will have a larger Device Database capacity (> 100), but again I would invite you to also add this feature to the same wish-list;

maybe also specify a "realistic" number of targets that could fit your needs (i.e. not just "1 million targerts" or "unlimited targets").

options?

January 8, 2013 - 7:49am #5

AlessandroB wrote:

A note on the maximum number of targets: in Vuforia 2.0 the max size of a single Database is limited to 100; if you ahve more than one Database and you want to activate more than 1 simultaneously, be aware that the maximum allowed number is still 100 (i.e. 2 DB of 50 targets are equivalent to 1 DB of 100 targets from a total target count perspective).

However, if you do not activate your targets simultaneously, it will be fine to load more than 1 DB, resulting in a total number of targets grater than 100.

If I understand correctly: We have to switch/swap the active Database if a target is not detected, and try again with the second Database? Then the problem is: how do 'the system' know that the target is not in the current Database (let the user swap databases is not an option) and also the long loading time (> 5 seconds) makes it not very user friendly. Any change that Vuforia 2.1 can handle more than 100 targets per Database?

AlessandroB wrote:

https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/general-discussion/wish-list

Done ;-)

Thanks

Ad

If using the Cloud is not an

January 8, 2013 - 6:35am #4

If using the Cloud is not an option for you, then you will probably need to split your targets into multiple Databases, indeed.

A note on the maximum number of targets: in Vuforia 2.0 the max size of a single Database is limited to 100; if you ahve more than one Database and you want to activate more than 1 simultaneously, be aware that the maximum allowed number is still 100 (i.e. 2 DB of 50 targets are equivalent to 1 DB of 100 targets from a total target count perspective).

However, if you do not activate your targets simultaneously, it will be fine to load more than 1 DB, resulting in a total number of targets grater than 100.

Also, you could post the request for improvement of the Web TargetManager in the wish-list section of our Forum:

https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/general-discussion/wish-list

oops

January 8, 2013 - 6:26am #3

G'day,

Thanks for the prompt response!

Oops we are working on a off-line project, old buildings means no WiFi signal, and have to store all information in de devices, therefore Cloud is not an option.

I'm able to download a set of 120 images, but haven't try to use it on the device. What I can see that the size is increasing a lot (> 10Mb) but still it would be nice to have a set of about 140 images. Are there other options available besides the Cloud?

If not, them we have to split the dataset into smaller sets. To do that we have to select images over more than one page in the Target Manager, even if we select 120 images per page. At this moment that's not possible because the selection of the previous page is lost. I think it's a improvement if that will be possible in the near future, thanks!

Greetings from Holland,

Ad

Hi DeepWeb, the maximum size

January 8, 2013 - 5:26am #2

Hi DeepWeb,

the maximum size of a Device Database is 100 targets, as Vuforia will not allow loading more than 100 targets.

If you are aiming to use a larger number of targets, you should consider using the Cloud Databases with the new Cloud Reco feature.