"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Large databases over 118 targets refuse to download due to timeout.

Hi, in the Target Manager, when attempting to download databases to Unity Editor with large numbers of targets, I am consistently getting a time out if the database contains large numbers of targets. I have a large number of databases of targets, and the ones that are 118-135 targets in each timeout with this message: "It is taking too long to create the database. Please try again. If the problem continues, search for the issue in the forums." and always occurs 71 seconds after "Compiling Database" begins. The smaller ones, which are 30-65 targets download without issue.

This is becoming a serious problem as we are adding additional targets to these databases all the time and they will each get larger and larger.

Any help is appreciated. I have tried selecting all then "Download Database (135)" instead of "Download Database (All)" to no avail. I even saw a post from 2013 that recommended changing the number of targets visible on the webpage from 25 but this had no affect either.

Hello,

I've escalated the issue to our devops team.

Can you provide the name of the database on the Target Manager where the error has been observed?

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

Hi thanks for the reply. The error has been observed in my three largest databases "GradedReadersAdventure", "GradedReadersCrimeMystery" & "GradedReadersDrama". I actually found a way to get the databases to download with some consistency:

Hello,

Thanks for the additional feedback. Glad you were able to find some form of a workaround.

The devops team is performing a root cause analysis on the issue. I'll update this thread with any developments.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support