8.3.8 Device support list?

September 5, 2019 - 9:06am #1

Hi there,

Is there an offical devices support list for Vuforia 8.3.8? This page lists devices that aren't supported by 8.3.8 https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/vuforia-fusion-supported-devices.html

Thanks

September 12, 2019 - 3:43am #7

Apologies, but isn't Ground plane also supported on some devices that don't run ARKit/ARCore. I'm a little concerned about the lack of clarity :(

For example, the iPhone 5S with iOS 11+ will run your Vuforia View app which has ground plane support. It seems the Vuforia Engine makes use of ARKit/ARCore where available, but also falls back to custom technology on devices such as 5S that don't support ARKit.

September 11, 2019 - 12:53pm #6

Hello,

At this time I agree with your assessment.

Also be aware that Vuforia Engine supports Model Targets and Ground Plane on devices running ARKit/ARCore. This is enabled in Vuforia Engine by default.

https://developers.google.com/ar/discover/supported-devices

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/DeviceInformation/Reference/iOSDeviceCompatibility/DeviceCompatibilityMatrix/DeviceCompatibilityMatrix.html

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

September 11, 2019 - 7:47am #5

Hi there, so is it safe to say that all Android devices in that list are still supported with 8.3.8 and it's only the iOS devices in that list that don't support iOS 11+ that aren't supported?

Thanks

September 10, 2019 - 10:56am #4

Hello,

Thanks for clarifying. I'm not aware of a similar cross-dependency for Android devices at this time, but this could be coming in the future if Google shadows Apple's transition from 32-bit to 64-bit.

Unfortunately, the Vuforia Engine supported devices list is not formatted to represent all possible dependencies that may impact an individual device's support.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

September 10, 2019 - 3:36am #3

Ah yes, so that link shows that Vuforia supports iPad Mini ground plane for example. But my understanding is that since 8.1.17 (i think) 32bit iOS support was dropped. Which means 8.3.8 is indeed not supported on the iPad mini and other low end iOS devices such as iPhone 5 and ipads 3 and 4 etc.

So i'm wondering as well if it means that some of the Android devices in that list also aren't supported with 8.3.8?

We work on a cross platform app so ideally don't want to be using 8.1.17+ for Android 64bit support, but have to use an older version for iOS 32bit support. (Especially as it would be nice to also have access to the new features of 8.3.8). 

Thanks,

September 10, 2019 - 1:48am #2

Hi

The link you have provided has the right information for supported devices.

Are you looking for something specific?

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support