External Camara on Dragonboard 410c Andriod Compatibility

November 21, 2018 - 9:08am #1

HI! Since some weeks ago, I want to test the new "External Camera" feature of the Vuforia 7.5 release, but I have some problems.

According the External Cameras Requirements, (https://library.vuforia.com/content/vuforia-library/en/articles/Solution/uvc-camera-driver.html)

I need an Dragonboard with Android >=6.

I bought a 410C dragonboard from USA especially to test this functionality, and I downloaded the latest version of Andriod available for this board. Unfortunately it's last release a few years ago is Version 5.0.1. 

https://www.96boards.org/documentation/consumer/dragonboard/dragonboard410c/downloads/android.md.html

No news about new releases of android images. I did some post on Dragonboard forum, and I received answer me that the way to update to a new andriod is a build a customer version by AOSP

https://www.96boards.org/documentation/consumer/dragonboard/dragonboard410c/guides/aosp.md.html

but It doesn't work now according other user posts and slack forum discussion.

After this long summary, (sorry, for that). The question are:

How you did you test de External Camera feature in a Dragonboard 410C without Andriod 6? :)

Is UVC Camara Driver (based on Vuforia Engine Driver Framework) compatible with Andriod 5.0.1 or linaro linux or Windows IoT for Dragonboard?

Thanks in Advanced.

December 4, 2018 - 7:27am #3

Hello, thanks for the answer. I saw it a few days ago, but it took me a while to try the FileDriver first.

Then I prepared the environment and follow the Vuforia External Camera File Driver specification: I made a virtual machine Ubuntu with Andriod Studio, SDK api level 22, NDK 13b, cmake, and other requirements.

After several errors that I can solve, I got to this point and I do not know how to solve it:

osboxes@osboxes:~/Vuforia/vuforia-filedriver$ python build.py android

No architectures selected. using defaults: ['armeabi-v7a', 'arm64-v8a', 'x86']

Generating arch: armeabi-v7a

-- Android: Selected Clang toolchain 'arm-linux-androideabi-clang' with GCC toolchain 'arm-linux-androideabi-4.9'

-- Check for working C compiler: /home/osboxes/Android/Sdk/ndk-bundle/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/clang

-- Check for working C compiler: /home/osboxes/Android/Sdk/ndk-bundle/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/clang -- works

-- Detecting C compiler ABI info

-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done

-- Detecting C compile features

-- Detecting C compile features - done

-- Check for working CXX compiler: /home/osboxes/Android/Sdk/ndk-bundle/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/clang++

-- Check for working CXX compiler: /home/osboxes/Android/Sdk/ndk-bundle/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/clang++ -- works

-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info

-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done

-- Detecting CXX compile features

-- Detecting CXX compile features - done

-- Found Java: /usr/bin/java (found suitable version "1.8.0_191", minimum required is "1.7")

-- Configuring done

-- Generating done

-- Build files have been written to: /home/osboxes/Vuforia/vuforia-filedriver/build/android/armeabi-v7a

Building arch: armeabi-v7a

ninja: error: '/platforms/android-22/android.jar', needed by 'FileDriver.jar', missing and no known rule to make it

error: Project generation with cmake failed.

Can you help me? That missing library where I find it? Is it from Andriod SDK or from Vuforia SDK? .

UPDATED:

While waiting for the answer abount "File Driver", I add more information, I started creating the UVC Driver following the https://library.vuforia.com/content/vuforia-library/en/articles/Solution/uvc-camera-driver.html. All was fine, until the step 2:

ninja: error: '/platforms/android-22/android.jar', needed by 'UVCDriver.jar', missing and no known rule to make it

Any ideas?

UPDATED: Problem RESOLVED:

I forgot set a ANDROID_HOME enviroment variable to Android SDK Path. 

Now, I'm going to test the generated drivers on D410C.. 

Thanks

November 27, 2018 - 9:56am #2

Hello,

We don't believe there is anything in the Vuforia Engine that would not work on Android 5. The question is whether UVC supports it, which you could test with FileDriver first to confirm that works.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support