"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

iPad Air camera stopped working after iPad Pro 10.5 fix

Hi there,

I'm using Image Targets for a iOS App and ran into issues two weeks ago when using the new 10.5 inch iPad Pro. Others had the same issue and it has been resolved now, as mentioned in this thread:

https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/device-support/new-ipad-pro-105-black-screen-rear-camera

Now I'm running into the same issues on my iPad Air though. I'm using the exact same build as I was using on July 12th, when it was working fine on the Air but black on the Pro. The iPad Pro got fixed by reinstalling that build today but the Air stopped showing the camera. The screen is not black but gray/blue and the front camera also doesn't work (it did on the Pro last time), but I still feel like that fix broke the iPad Air support.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Thomas

Hello Thomas,

thomasostfeld

Wed, 08/30/2017 - 09:47

Is there any way you can help me out with my situation?

Did you change anything on your site around that timeframe that could be related in any way?

Thanks for your help.

thomasostfeld

Thu, 08/31/2017 - 14:55

Ok after looking into it a bunch more I could isolate the cause and reproduce it with the sample project. It seems to be related to Antialiasing.

Here are the steps to reproduce: