"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini not working with Vuforia 6.2.10

Hi,

we have two Apps with Vuforia 6.2.10 and both won´t work with the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini. The camera is initialized, you can see the videostream, but nothing is recognized by the ImageTracker. But the cameraview is slower than in older Vuforia Version (6.0.117) and also the view seems to be "closer" like it were zoomed in or uses a higher resolution as in the older Vuforia Version.

Other devices work in new and old Vuforia Version as expected.

Details:

Devicename: Samsung Galaxy S5 mini

Model-Number: SM-G800F

Android-Version: 6.0.1

First I thought, it may be a problem with the Android-Version, but on Galaxy S7 with Android 6.0.1 the camera and tracking is working fine.

The problem was reproducable on 2 Galaxy S5 mini with Android 6.0.1.

Greetings,

Martin

Hello,

Thanks for the report. We'll investigate.

Thanks.

mobilecomputing

Fri, 05/05/2017 - 09:03

Hi, 

we have the same Problem as Martin with the SM-G800F - and the following lines in the log: 

medabit

Tue, 05/09/2017 - 01:01

In reply to by mobilecomputing

Hello,

I was able to procure a similar device, SM-G800A. Specifications between 800A and 800F are basically identical: http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=device&s=compare&ids=6606.6033

Unity sample running Vuforia 6.2 SDK worked perfectly.

Hello,

Are the recent errors being reported also on devices running Android 6?

Thanks.

Same issue here with the S5 mini and Android 6.0.1.
Debug tells us:
Vuforia is initialized successfully,
OnTrackableStateChanged is NotFound (TrackingLost),
so the app doesn't find the marker.

We are also getting feedback from several Galaxy S5 mini users that say our app does not work on their phones. We tested it and found that the marker recognition is where things seem to fail.

Are there any plans on fixing this? Or could you give us more informations on this matter?

Another one of our users sent an error report.
The device is an Vodafone Smart Prime 6 LTE (VF-895N) and runs on Android 5.0.2.
The video background is visible, so the camera is working, but the device isn't showing any content just like the S5 mini.

Hello,

After a failed attempt to procure the correct device, we finally received an SM-G800F running Android 5.5.1. I was able to reproduce the issue where the augmentation fails to appear when running the Vuforia sample app.

Stay tuned for updates as we investigate further.

Hi.

We've tested this steps with yours Vuforia sample given here https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/android/samsung-s5-mini-g800f#comment-59782

Now Vuforia sample doesnt work at all, just black screen.

Hello,

As mentioned, I was unsure if this patch would work on Android 21/22 as it is dependent upon Camera 2 being implemented on that device's version of firmware. Camera 2 support was *introduced* in Android 21, but really didn't start rolling out until Android 23.

Hello,

I moved forward with the following changes:

Hello,

After some additional investigation, we were able to find a fix for this issue. It has been included in 6.5.23 SDK (native)/Unity 2017.2.0.

-Vuforia Support