Display UI as augmentation on Moverio BT-200

January 14, 2017 - 4:08am #1

Hi,

I am able to show a 3D model as augmentation in Epson Moverio BT-200 and Vuforia 6.2.6 and it shows great.

But now, I am interested in showing something similar to a dashboard showing information after recognizing a VuMark.

The problem is that the UI is not displaying good.

I think is something related to the ARCamera or Vuforia because if I disable Vuforia, it shows the UI good, but when it starts running Unity, then the App scales the screen and I am able to only show the canvas UI in one eye, instead on two.

I have mirrored the screen to a LG TV to make pictures of the image, but my surprise was that on the TV the image is showed great. I attach screenshots of how is the image on my App before recognizing a target and after.

Finally, I have started with Vuforia Samples settings and change only the license key field.

Please, give me a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Joaquín

Display UI as augmentation on Moverio BT-200

January 20, 2017 - 3:41pm #2

For a stereo optical device, when a Vuforia scene is started in Unity, the display is extended across both displays. You can call EyewearDevice.IsDualDisplay() to check state or SetDisplayExtended(bool enable) to switch back to single display after leaving a Vuforia scene. If you are using "Screen Space - Overlay" for your Canvas in dual display mode, then content on right half of extended resolution will only show in right eye and content in the middle would show half in one lens and half in the other. For stereo optical, using Canvas in world space may be better option.