Epson Moverio BT-200

April 5, 2016 - 12:31am #15

Hello,

I'm working with EPSON Moverio BT-200, Unity 5.3.4f1 and Vuforia 5.5.9. 

The aim of this project is to display a colored square above some real objects. I place a marker aside this object in order to locate it. 

In the Unity editor, it works perfectly, my colored square is above my object. But when i launch it with BT-200, the colored square is shifted to the left. 

My hypothesis is that Vuforia consider the real device camera between the eyes while it is really on the right-side of the glasses. Is there a way to tell Vuforia the position of the real camera? 

Sincerely

Epson Moverio BT-200

April 5, 2016 - 8:03am #14

For supported see-through devices with stereo display, best AR registration results will be achieved when running the Vuforia Calibration Assistant. The user calibration data created should be applied when running the app on the BT-200.

https://developer.vuforia.com/downloads/tool

Epson Moverio BT-200

April 6, 2016 - 2:41am #13

medabit wrote:

For supported see-through devices with stereo display, best AR registration results will be achieved when running the Vuforia Calibration Assistant. The user calibration data created should be applied when running the app on the BT-200.

https://developer.vuforia.com/downloads/tool

Thanks for your reply,

but i've already tried this calibration step. Done it 20 times and always have a bad calibration: one eye match the marker while the other is completely away from the marker. 

Do you think it needs a bug report? Or there is an other problem?

Epson Moverio BT-200

April 6, 2016 - 6:50am #12

I'm having the exact same problem. The right eye works just fine in the calibration, but the left one goes way up and to the left. Has anyone found a solution for this?

Epson Moverio BT-200

April 6, 2016 - 10:28am #11

Can you please provide the following information:

1. Version of Vuforia SDK you're using
  2. Version of Vuforia Calibration Assistant you're using
  3. Firmware version of BT-200s

Epson Moverio BT-200

April 6, 2016 - 11:40pm #10

medabit wrote:

Can you please provide the following information:

1. Version of Vuforia SDK you're using
  2. Version of Vuforia Calibration Assistant you're using
  3. Firmware version of BT-200s

Vuforia : The last one -> 5.5.9

Calibration assistant : idem -> 5.5.9

Firmware : Not sure if last one -> Android 4.0.4, kernel 3.2.21-00003-OMAP-Android+R1.1.0@H560#1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Sep 22 05;59;34 UTC 2014, build R1.1.0

Writing you the firmware version, I think this is not the last version (2014 ?). I update the glasses and come back tell you what.

Epson Moverio BT-200

April 7, 2016 - 5:12am #9

So, I updated to R1.1.2, kernel is 3.0.21-00003-OMAP-Android+R1.1.2@H560#1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Feb 22 02:28:39 UTC 2015.

Nothing changed. Tried the calibration several times, it is never perfect. And nothing changed in my project (Just an ARCamera with optical see-through and a targetImage). 

Any suggestions?

Epson Moverio BT-200

April 7, 2016 - 8:46am #8

Can you confirm that you are using a Digital Eyewear license key in your project? If you're not sure, I suggest generating a new one (see attached screen grab).

Epson Moverio BT-200

April 7, 2016 - 10:12am #7

medabit wrote:

Can you confirm that you are using a Digital Eyewear license key in your project? If you're not sure, I suggest generating a new one (see attached screen grab).

Sorry, forgot to tell that this is already a Digital Eyewear license. Anyway, the app does not launch on the bt-200 if this is not a DE License. 

Epson Moverio BT-200

April 18, 2016 - 12:53pm #6

I was finally able to procure an "R" version of the BT-200, but cannot yet upgrade to the version you've posted R1.1.2. My device is on 1.1.0 and says not firmware updates are available.

However, as the problem you're observing looks to be agnostic of the firmware version, I'll see if I can reproduce the alignment discrepancy you've mentioned.

Epson Moverio BT-200

April 21, 2016 - 10:57am #5

Here are the steps taken and results:

1. Perform user calibration using 5.5.9 Calibration Assistant app on "R" device running R1.1.0 (not the latest firmware)

Result: Augmentation misalignment observed between left and right eyes. Seen when verifying the calibration on the last step of the workflow with "red rectangle calibration". Also seen when and when running Stereo Rendering sample app and using same user calibration blob.

2. Perform user calibration using 5.5.9 Calibration Assistant app on "D" device running D1.1.2  (latest firmware version)

Result: Augmentation aligned perfectly between left and right eyes when verifying the calibration on the last step of the workflow with "red rectangle calibration". Further verified wihenh Stereo Rendering sample app and using same user calibration blob.

3. Perform user calibration using 5.5.9 Calibration Assistant app on "R" device running R1.1.2 (latest firmware - was able to finally upgrade)

Result: Augmentation aligned perfectly between left and right eyes when verifying the calibration on the last step of the workflow with "red rectangle calibration". Further verified wihenh Stereo Rendering sample app and using same user calibration blob.

Bottom line: I cannot recreate the "bad" user calibration reported here when running the lastest firmware.

Epson Moverio BT-200

April 21, 2016 - 11:53pm #4

Hello,

Whenever I try to calibrate with Calibration 5.5.9 and R1.1.12, the red rectangle match fine the marker only if I am directly front of it, 1m away. If I move back (2meters away) or look from the sides, the left and right eyes are not correctly aligned. The red rectangles semms to be 10cm spaced. With my test app (made with Unity 5.3) where a cube is displayed with a target, the space between the eyes semms to be more than 30cm.

Sorry for my bad english, if I am not precise enough in my explanations, tell me.

Thanks

Epson Moverio BT-200

April 25, 2016 - 9:54am #3

Hello,

User calibration is only expected to remain accurate between the 2 distance used for alignment. Supporting additional distances would require more steps in the user calibration process, which our app currently does not support.

Thanks.

Epson Moverio BT-200

April 25, 2016 - 11:41pm #2

Hello,

that is the problem, the calibration is done front of the marker, one step at 1m, the second step at 2m (approximately). And it's only aligned at 1 m and not further.

And in the calibration process instructions : 

View the target from multiple perspectives 

I assume multiple perspectives are front of and from the side, between the two distances of the calibration?

Epson Moverio BT-200

December 12, 2016 - 12:54am #1

how to download D1.1.2 version