Moverio BT-200 2D mode (disable stereo in Unity?)

December 1, 2016 - 3:32am #1

Please help me with a quite big problem that I have with Vuforia 6.0, Unity 5 and Moverio BT-200 glasses. 

I want 2D rendering on the glasses due to GUI issues. I can switch to 2D mode on Epson glasses, but there are still 2 cameras rendering from Unity (I see two images - split screen - in each eye). How to get rid of it and obtain mono rendering on these glasses? None of my attempts seem to work (I've tried removing second camera and rescaling the viewport for the first one but it's not working properly, I've also tried to set it up as regular Android instead of Digital Eyewear and still it gets automatically stereo rendering, probably by license type) and there is no option to simply disable stereo rendering.

I'd be grateful for helping me out on this one. I've seen other questions like this on this forum but they remain unanswered.

Best regards

Filip

December 2, 2016 - 1:44am #3

Thanks for checking that out. Still, it's a shame. I need to stick to Unity in my project.

How do I obtain a good-looking GUI then in these glasses? Is there a way to "mirror" GUI to two cameras at once in Unity? Because I can "squeeze" the UI (scale it down to 50% width) and then I see it correctly but only in one eye, which is very uncomfortable. Any ideas? I'm surely not the first one to face this problem.

December 1, 2016 - 5:02pm #2

Hello,

Looked into this a bit and I don't believe there is a way to disable in Unity. The only option is to implement in native.

Thanks