"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

See through seetings for moverio BT-200

Hi.

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here. I'm not new to unity-vuforia but is the first time we are working with the Epson moverio glasses. I have a simple app that uses a target to display a 3d image in the moverio glasses with no problem BUT (and this is a big BUT) the app opens the camera on the see through display and it looks AWFUL!

I don't want to see the camera within the display! It defeats the purpose of having seethorugh glasses. Is there a way to have the target recognized using the seethrough display only? I've seen youtube videos and tutorials for the Moverio glasses where it appears that it can be done. There are a couple of videos that show the glasses as a seethrough display point to a target and the target appears on the screen as part of the surrounding environment and not inside the camera display which is what you would expect from the moverio environment. Do I need to write code for that??  I usually code using C#.

Any commects are welcome. I'm using unity5 and the latest SDK for vuforia. (vuforia-unity-5-0-5.unitypackage)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hector.

moisestafolla

Wed, 09/16/2015 - 20:03

Hi Hector,

If I understand you correctly you see the camera feed being rendered on your Epson glasses right? If so it is possible that you are not using an Eyewear license but a normal one instead. Create an eyewear one in the license manager and try it in your project.