Video in only left eye in Gear VR with Oculus 0.5.0

June 24, 2015 - 6:20pm #1

Hi All,

I followed the instructions for Oculus SDK 0.5.0 and am so close to having it working, but I'm only getting video in the leftt eye.   In the right eye I just see the default skybox background, so it looks like the background video plane isn't being rendered to that eye.  

Has anyone else seen this issue?  I should mention that I'm using the latest version of Unity and also I'm using the Gear VR for S6, not the Note 4.   I know the S6 isn't officially supported, but I'm wondering if anyone's gotten it working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks! 

July 31, 2015 - 6:42am #4

Just to follow up - I got my Galaxy S6 working perfectly with Vuforia 5, although with Google Cardboard instead of the Gear VR.     Thank you Qualcomm!!!

Interestingly, the Eyewear license key was invalid, but I got it to work fine using the regular mobile license key.

Next I will see if I can get Vuforia 5 working with the Gear VR. 

June 29, 2015 - 10:08pm #3

Using the latest Vuforia (4.2), the latest Oculus (6.0.1) the latest Unity (5.1.1f1)

Definitely using the right licence key.

This is a screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yaiesz5nnnmqw5g/2015-06-30%2005.04.05.png?dl=0

As you can see... not really successful.

Open to suggestions or help. Hell, start a flame war. Just include advice while you accuse me of being a noob.

June 29, 2015 - 6:38pm #2

As you said, the Galaxy S6 is not a supported Eyewear device with Vuforia 4.2.3. It sounds like you used a mobile key instead of an eyewear key and that is why the rendering appears in the left view.