I'm working on adding the vuforia engine to the UE4 via a plugin.
It's still a work in progress, but for now, I've managed to integrate the vuforia engine with the image tracking capabilities.
** what's done for now ** :
- the full vuforia lifecycle integration (Initialization, resumed/unpaused, suspended/paused, and app termination) with of course the initialization of the device, camera, data, and trackers.
- rendering the camera video background
- tracking image targets
- and rendering 3d model on the target image.
// So in summary for now I have the same features available in the vuforia sample for mobile.
// And the actual target build is for android.
** Actual and future work ** :
- iOS and other target platforms are in progress.
- Adding the rest of the Vuforia Engine capabilities and features
- Exposing the vuforia function to Blueprints.
// I'm posting this thread to see how many of you guys are interested in adding vuforia to UE4, and see how it goes from there!
Thank you for your reply and interest.