"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

CS1704 error

Hi,

I am using Unity 2017.3 and Vuforia v7 versions and I am ending up with the CS1704 error.

error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `Vuforia.UnityExtensions.Editor' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly

C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/VuforiaSupport/Managed/Editor/Vuforia.UnityExtensions.Editor.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

Assets/Vuforia/Editor/Scripts/Vuforia.UnityExtensions.Editor.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error) error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `Vuforia.UnityExtensions' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly

C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/VuforiaSupport/Managed/Runtime/Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/Internal/Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

I tried removing either of the files with respect to their location, which in turn has some references with other objects of program. I am stuck with this problem

Thank you

Hello rhamsini,

Did you try to import an old version of Vuforia into your project or migrate your project from a previous version of Unity?

Thanks,

Vuforia Support

Hello,

Nope I did not do either of them. I downloaded the newer versions of Unity and Vuforia and proceeded with project.

Thanks