Topic locked

OSX Unity 5.3.3 w/ Vuforia 5.5.9 Still crashing

March 14, 2016 - 6:10am #1

I know there was an update and I've tested this on windows and it works fine. On OSX 10.10.5 Everything is fine until Vuforia ARCamera and Image Target are in the scene. Then when I hit play it crashes every time. I tried rolling back to Unity 5.3.1 and Vuforia 5.0.10 and still the same issue when it used to work prior to updating. Any word on bugs with OSX and Vuforia still crashing Unity? I'm really in need of this since I have a huge project due at the end of the month and I'm pretty much dead in the water on my Mac for devloping.

March 24, 2016 - 5:31am #12

Ok, glad that the issue is solved now.

March 23, 2016 - 9:16am #11

After going back and for here and there it resolved itself. Unfortunatly after detleting and redoing everything it seems tobe working now. Thank you for your help. Although I wish I knew what the issue was in the entire thing.

March 23, 2016 - 9:05am #10

What if you connect a webcam ? Do you see the crash only when the webcam is disconnected or when it is connected too?

Here I've tried with and without Webcam connected, in one case I can hit Play and run with the camera feed, in the other case I can still run in Play mode, the only difference being that I get a black background of course.

But no crash observed.

Have you tried upgarding your Mac OSX version to the latest version 10.11

March 21, 2016 - 6:15am #9

No idea then. I'm not even using a camera. Which was working in previous versions. Is there something with OS X and the camera that could be causing an issue? Doesn't matter what I do I just cannot get it to run in the editor without crashing.

March 17, 2016 - 6:44am #8

I have tried a few Vuforia 5.5.9 Sample Apps (Image Targets, Video Playback and Books) with Unity 5.3.3f1 on Mac OSX, and I did not see any issue; I was able to run Play Mode and get the camera feeds and the target augmentations, without incurring in any crash.

I also tried Unity 5.3.2 and 5.3.4, again, without observing any problem.

I wonder if Unity itself might have some problem accessing your webcam;

to validate that, you could try creating a small project with a small script using the Unity WebCamTexture API, as documented here:

http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/WebCamTexture.Play.html

If you get a crash there, it could mean that Unity has a problem with accessing your Webcam.

March 16, 2016 - 9:26am #7

What specific version of Unity 5.3.3 have you observed the crash on? (5.3.3f1 or a specific patch release?)

March 16, 2016 - 6:01am #6

It doesn't even matter about moving the project. I can create a new project. Import only the Vuforia sdk and my target for testing into Unity on OS X and it crashing with nothing else in the project but Vuforia. Go on to a windows machine and create a new project. (Same version of Unity/Vuforia) Import only Vuforia and the same targets and works perfectly with no crashing. So it's not even a matter of moving projects. There seems to be an issue with OS X and vuforia in the editor.

I have seen previous versions have issues on OS X and work arounds were, it only did it on first launch or has camera issues on OS X. None of these suggestions matter with the latest version of Vuforia. 

March 16, 2016 - 2:40am #5

Have you tried exporting your project to a Unity-package, and then creating a new Project on the Mac and importing the whole unity-package (as opposed to "copying" the project)  ?

March 15, 2016 - 6:03am #4

Also the same project when moved to windows works just fine. It is only on OS X that it cannot be run in editor without crashing.

March 14, 2016 - 1:52pm #3

It can't be a migration issue becuase I created a new project with nothing but Vuforia in it and it still crashes in editor when I hit play. I am however able to build it without an issue. But if vuforia is in the scene and I try to play it crashes. Ihide the Vuforia stuff and its perfectly fine.

March 14, 2016 - 1:02pm #2

Sounds like a possible migration issue. See this guide:

https://developer.vuforia.com/library//articles/Solution/Migrating-Unity-Projects-to-Vuforia-5-5

Troubleshooting Tip: If an existing project is having issues, create a new empty Unity project, import the latest ImageTargets sample app and compile it to a device. If it works, then your existing project may have an issue. You can compare your Unity build settings to these:

https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/faq/unity-player-settings

Topic locked