I'm creating an AR Experience that involves a target on the wall. A door opens, and a computer comes out and hovers in front of it. The only issue is that the computer is very jittery. It tends to lag when I go side to side as if the app has to catch up. The same assets in this experience were used to create a similar app with the only difference being that the target lay horizontal on a table instead of on a wall. Has anyone else run into this issue, and do you have any solutions?
Vertical Target very jittery
I quickly tested the behavior with an image target and was *not* able to reproduce. Unity 2018.4; Vuforia 8.3.8 on a Samsung S8.
Pose jitter exists for all 2D planar targets. The magnitude of the jitter (hardly noticeable to very noticeable) can be impacted by a few factors:
- Always print the image that was uploaded to the portal to the exact same aspect ratio. Any stretching or altering of the image may cause tracking pose jitter. Some printers default to "stretch to fit", which can change the aspect ratio.
- Check the size values you are using when uploading Targets to the Vuforia Target Manager. Note there is specific language used in the dialogue box that says Vuforia uses meters as the default unit scale. Incorrect target sizes could affect either our detection/tracking algorithm
- Image Targets must be flat when in the camera's field of view
- Not enough lighting upon, and/or spectral reflections occluding the Image Target
- The entire target image is not in the camera's field of view. As Image Targets extract feature points from the target in real time (on a frame-by-frame basis), the more feature points the better the quality of the tracking experience. In most cases, this can be improved by enabling the Device Tracker (aka Extended Tracking): Unity Editor->Window->Vuforia Configuration->Device Tracker->Track Device Pose (box checked).
For additional tips for optimizing 2D planar targets, please see the following guide: https://library.stage.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/Optimizing-Target-Detection-and-Tracking-Stability.
Vuforia Engine Support
Are you sure you want to delete this message?
Are you sure you want to delete this conversation?