Removing Watermark for ground plane Vuforia 10.6

Unity Editor
April 16, 2022 - 10:36am #1

So I recently updated my Unity project from Vuforia 9.8 to Vuforia 10.6. After doing so, my app keeps on getting a Vuforia watermark even though I am only using the app for ground plane detection. Is there any way I can remove the watermark (my app is not using any model or area targets)? I have tried removing the license key but that also did not work.

Thank you so much!

Platform: 

May 11, 2022 - 7:48am #5

Hello @sananth8,

What is not clear from your description is if you have created a new Basic license key (free) and integrated it into your 10.6 Unity project.

By upgrading your app to 10.6 and including a new Basic license key, this will remove any watermark for free features. This includes Ground Plane.

Kind regards,

Dave Downing

Vuforia Engine Technical Support

May 10, 2022 - 7:55pm #4

Hey Dave,

Like I have mentioned earlier, I am not using any Advanced features, just the ground plane. Does it mean that any scene (even those not in build) which use an advanced feature will result in the watermark showing up?

Please help me out here. This issue has been annoying me for quite a while.

Thank you!

May 5, 2022 - 5:34am #3

Hello,

I currently have the same problem as you. I'm using sdk version 8.0 to be able to use selfie mode and I can't take the new sdk version... Today Vuforia removed the watermark in their basic plan. I would like to be able to take advantage of the watermark removal as well but it doesn't seem to be that simple even with a license generated in February of this year... I am still eagerly awaiting a return from them.

Cordially,

April 18, 2022 - 9:12am #2

Hello,

Since Engine SDK 10.3, a watermark will only appear when using Advanced Features (i.e. Model Targets, Area Targets) with a free license.

Kind regards,

Dave Downing

Vuforia Engine Technical Support