ARCore not used on Samsuns S8-SMG950F through Fusion

September 23, 2018 - 12:40am #1

Hi,

It spent several hours trying to find out why Groundplane functionality is not working on my Samsung S8-SM-G950F with Fusion support on ARCore.

I created a simple scene with GroundPlane stage/finder and a simple object. 

I check which AR SDK is used with the function VuforiaRuntimeUtilities.GetActiveFusionProvider() and still getting back "VUFORIA_SENSOR_FUSION" on my android device. So showing the object on a groundplane is not very stable and drifts from the place i put the object with the raycast hit.

When i install it on my iPhone the function returns "PLATFORM_SENSOR_FUSION" so ARKit is supported and the groundplane is very stable.

Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?

Greetings,

Mark

September 25, 2018 - 10:07pm #3

Update:

I have got it working now.

See article https://library.vuforia.com/content/vuforia-library/en/articles/Solution/arcore-with-vuforia.html

Now when i check the Fusion provider it says: PLATFORM instead of VUFORIA. 

The ground plane is more stable but it takes a little bit longer before the ground is detected/scanned.

September 24, 2018 - 6:28am #2

Hi there,

same problem with Galaxy S9. I force the app to use the ARCore, but it shows an error.

On the "fusion supported devices" page it's claimed that ARCore is supported on my phone from v.7.2.23. I have the latest Vuforia version.