"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

How do I use Vuforia with Samsung Tab S4? SM-T830

Hello,

I have successfully built an app using Vuforia Ground Plane on iOS. Now I need to adapt it for Android on the SM-T830. I know Vuforia doesn't specifically list this model as supported (although the older model is, oddly) BUT vuforia claims support for ARCore. And ARCore DOES support the SM-T830.

I've tried the setting up my AR camera in vuforia and installed the core-1.3.0.aar in the Plugins-Android folder, set it to Android, and it still won't work.

The app runs but it never detects a surface or allows me to place my objects.

Does anyone have any insight into this, or am I just going to have to start from scratch with ARCore and abandon Vuforia?

Hi,

I wonder if you are free. I would like to ask you about the method of using arcore together with vuforia. My equipment is huawei P20 Pro, which supports arcore

Thanks

Hi,

I have the same problem. My device is SM-T835. 

Vuforia version: 8.0.10

Unity: 2018.3.0f2

arcore latest version is installed

Hello, thanks for the quick answer. I have been downloaded the vuforia viewer into my galaxy tab s4(SM-T835). The ground plane finder works correctly. Each application works. 

fyrebug82

Sat, 04/13/2019 - 21:51

Hello, is there any update on this?

the Galaxy tab S4 SM-T830 is on the ARcore support list, and has a much better camera & cpu so I don't see why vuforia won't support it with ground plane.

Hello @fyrebug82,

I answered your other, similar post here: https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/device-support/galaxy-tab-s4-ground-plane-not-supported-device#comment-67880