Topic locked

Developing for Vuzix M400 with Unity

January 4, 2022 - 5:46am #1

Hello,

Currently we have a project for Android that we can make drawings on the world using device camera. It works fine on most of phones but when we run the build in Vuzix M400, the drawings arenot being placed on the world. For example when I draw a heart shape on the corner of the table in my Android phone, it stays on the corner of the table. But when I do the same drawing on the same place while using Vuzix M400, drawing is not on the table, it moves with the camera. We think that Vuzix M400 is not supporting device tracking but we are not sure and we could not find the answer. If so, which HMD device/AR Glass -like M400- would you reccomend to use in order to use it with a Vuforia project.

January 7, 2022 - 2:57am #7

Hey there,

As far as I know we only support Vuforia Chalk with still annotations. The annotations do not 'stick' in the virtual space like you can do with devices such as Android and Apple phones. The annotations also are only able to be drawn via the desktop, but that functionality could've changed over the past months.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Kind regards,

Patrick 

Technical Community Manager

January 7, 2022 - 12:29am #6

Hello again,

As I have mentioned we are trying to build a drawing feature for an AR Glass. We have asked RealWear whether or not we can build this feature with Vuforia and their products at the same time I created this thread. They showed us that we can make those drawings with their device (they were using Navigator while showing) and Vuforia with using Vuforia Chalk. So we are wondering how can we accomplish drawing like in the Vuforia Chalk with RealWear devices when it is written that we cannot use extended tracking (device pose tracking etc. as well as mid air stages). Can you guide us?

Thanks in advance,

Ali Can

January 5, 2022 - 8:25am #5

Of course, no problem.

As of right now the RealWear Navigator 500 is not a recommended device, though I expect it to work similarly as the Vuzix and other RealWear devices. This means that it does not support Device Poses. 

Hope that helps! 

Kind regards,

Patrick 

January 5, 2022 - 4:39am #4

Hello Patrick,

I could not find any information about "RealWear Navigator" in https://library.vuforia.com/platform-support/vuforia-engine-recommended-devices.html . Since you said 

Quote:

The Vuzix and RealWear devices both do not support device poses

I assume it will not work in Navigator as well, but I need to be sure since I will be reporting to my supervisors.

Thanks in advance.

January 4, 2022 - 10:06pm #3

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for your assistance and guidance.

Regards,

Ali Can

January 4, 2022 - 1:39pm #2

Hey there,

Your assumptions are correct. The Vuzix and RealWear devices both do not support device poses and that's probably why your drawings do not stick in the virtual space. I assume that the Magic Leap or Hololens 2 are devices that would fit your use-case. 

Kind regards,

Patrick Scheper

Topic locked