I created a simple Test-App: An ImageTarget with some text that is displayed when the corresponding image is visible.
My app is also working - as long as I'm using Unity with my Surface and it's webcam. The image is tracked, my object displayed, ... everything as expected.
Then I wanted to get it to run on the HoloLens and I made the documented changes (like second camera and so on, see my list of tried fixes below). But after starting the App on the HoloLens I only get the Splash-Screen ("Created with Unity") and after that nothing happens. I can exit the App with the bloom-gesture, but that's all. No object recognition / tracking...
The only scene (it is also activated in the build-window) has the following GameObjects in this order:
- HoloLensCamera (Main Camera)
- Directional Light (default)
What did I already check:
- Applied all settings for the scene, project and capabilities via the HoloToolkit
- Capabilities for InternetClient, WebCam, Microphone and SpatialPerception are set
- Added the HoloLensCamera from the HoloToolkit
- Selected Optical See-Through -> HoloLens on the ARCamera for the Digital Eyewear settings
- On ARCamera the World Center Mode is on "CAMERA" and the Central Anchor Point is set to the HoloLensCamera
- My ImageTarget also has "Extended Tracking" enabled
- For my project I enabled within the PlayerSettings the "Virtual Reality Support" and selected "Windows Holographic"
- I also tried to Rebuild the project with the "Debug" (x86) configuration as well as the "Release" (x86) configuration before deploying it to the HoloLens
As it is working inside Unity on the PC the app itself is configured correctly.