im trying to build a HoloLens app with Vuforia and Unity. I downloaded the HoloLens version of Unity, the early access HoloLens version of vuforia and the sample. I tried both the sample and my own project. Neither of both works.
If i deploy the app and launch it on the HoloLens, the "Build with Unity" splash-screen apears and then... nothing. So i take the HoloLens and look at my image target. Visual Studio then says, that Vuforia found / lost the target (wether im looking at it or not). However, it doesnt display my model above the image target. Is this a known bug? Is there a workarround? Am i doing something wrong?
How i was doing it:
- Import Vuforia
- drag the AR Camera into the scene
- type in my "Eyewwear" license key
- load the database and activate it
- drag an image target into the scene
- select the database and the target
- add my model (via the outliner) to the image target and moved it a bit up (so that it is close above the target)
- open the player settings and select the vr option (for windows uwp/market of course)
- added my scene to the build
- changed UWP build type to D3D
- build and open the solution in visual studio
- deploy to HoloLens
I really don't know what im doing wrong, some help or advice would be nice.