Here is my setup:
- I'm using the latest version of the LTS Unity 2017.4.17f1.
- I've imported the Digital Eyewear Sample from the Asset Store.
- I've changed the Build Settings to Universal Windows Platform for Hololens.
- In Edit > Project Settings > Player Settings > XR Settings, both Virtual Reality Supported and "Vuforia Augmented Reality" boxes are checked.
- In the scene, if I open the ARCamera and look in the Inspector, the clear flags is set to solid color, background is 0,0,0,0, and the clipping plane is set to 0.85 as recommended by Microsoft.
- If I open the Vuforia configuration from within the ARCamera inspector, my Vuforia app license key has been added. All other settings have not been changed.
- I hit "build" from inside Unity, then open the .sln file with Visual Studio 2017.
- My build settings are "Debug" "x86, and "remote machine".
- I select Debug>Start Without Debugging.
- Build and deploy both succeed. The app asks for permission to use my camera and microphone. I say yes.
- When I look at the Vuforia images (Drone, oxygen, Astronaut, etc., all printed without scaling), nothing happens.
- I can see the cursor at all times. No images ever pop up from the image targets.
This messages is printed out to Visual Studio:
Assertion failed on expression: 'IsMatrixValid(matrix)'
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Camera/Camera.cpp Line: 3484)
The program ' HoloVuforia.exe' has exited with code -2147483645 (0x80000003).
Any idea what it means or how to get a successful demo? I just want to use Vuforia target tracking on my HoloLens.