Getting started with Hololens, Vuforia 6.2.10 and Unity 5.6

May 5, 2017 - 4:37am #1

A few days ago, I started exploring Vuforia, and I was surprised how easy it is to attach a virtual cube to a real-world piece of paper with the company logo, using my laptop webcam.

Then I wanted to use the hololens, so I made some adjustments.

- Central Anchor point of the ARCamera set to Hololens Camera

- Eyewear type = Optical - See through

- See through config = Hololens.

In my player settings, I have Spatial perception, Webcam and InternetClient activated, as well as Virtual reality supported.

For test purposes, I have added a simple sphere.

When I test the aplication, I see the sphere, but no cube attached to my piece of paper with the company logo.

Does anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong, or a working sample project which I can download and test?

May 10, 2017 - 10:12pm #3

Hi, 

I'm having exactly the same issue.

To clarify:

- the sphere did not replace the cube as the AR object.

- the sphere is just a fixed 3D object always visible. (not a child of AR marker)

- the cube remains as AR object (is child of AR marker)

During Unity "play", sphere is shown at start and cube is shown when marker is introduced to webcam.

During HoloLens app run, sphere is shown at start but cube never appears when marker is introduced.

Please help.

May 5, 2017 - 9:18am #2

Hello,

Apologies, but I'm a bit confused with your question. If you replaced the cube with the sphere in your project, why would you still expect to see the cube?

If you can provide a screenshot of your Unity scene hierarchy it may provide more clarity.

Thanks.