Interactable Scripts Not accessible - Vuforia Sample for Hololens 2- Unity 2019.41f

June 19, 2021 - 3:51pm #1

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am currently doing a Project which involves Vuforia sample for Hololens 2 for Unity version 2019.4.10f1 Personal,

which involves Image Tracking. I understand there is an Inbuilt MRTK Version 2.5.3. While developing an

Application I encountered a bug after switching from Game mode to Scene mode in Unity. I am not

able to access the Interactable Script of any Prefab Object (Example: A PressableButton) in the Project and therefore

I am not able to add any Interaction for a particular Button to perform an action.

When I click on the InteractableScript in the Inspector Window it just doesn't open and I get a NullReferenceException.

May be there is some dependency Problem and some piece of code gives rise to this Exception.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.UI.Editor.InteractableInspector.TryGetInputActions (System.String[]& descriptionsArray) (at Assets/MRTK/SDK/Editor/Inspectors/UX/Interactable/InteractableInspector.cs:559)

Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.UI.Editor.InteractableInspector.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/MRTK/SDK/Editor/Inspectors/UX/Interactable/InteractableInspector.cs:82)

UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+c__DisplayClass58_0.b__0 () (at :0)

UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

But the Interactable Script is working in the Runtime (Game Mode) but not in the Scene Mode. 

I am not able to understand why this occurs and I have also raised a Issue in github of MRTK and I got an answer which I am not able to implement it into the Project.

https://github.com/microsoft/MixedRealityToolkit-Unity/issues/9882#issuecomment-856317545 --- this is the link for your reference.

Please do help me with this issue.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

Avinash Shanmugam

-

AttachmentSize
Image icon Interactble Script Problem.png165.88 KB

Interactable Scripts Not accessible - Vuforia Sample for Hololens 2- Unity 2019.41f

July 30, 2021 - 12:26am #2

Hi, 

This is an issue related to MRTK, we suspect that somethings gets corrupted on their side and its not working anymore. 

A workaround that you could try is as follows:

1. Close Unity

2. Delete the Library folder from the project

3. If you also see a Temp folder at the root of the project, delete that as well. 

4. Re-open project

This should force a refresh of the MRTK and should solve the issue.

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support