I'm trying to use the sample project for the Hololens, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what I've done wrong. I go through these steps, and am trying to deploy it on the device:
- Download EAP Vuforia Hololens package and import
- Download EAP Vuforia Hololens samples package and import (I've also tried just importing this without prior step)
- Add the 3 scenes in order
- Put my licence code in the ARCamera (tried both mobile and digital eyewear)
- Made sure the database for stone and chip is loaded and activated, database and image target is set in respective ImageTargets
- Build settings -> set SDK to universal 10, UWP to D3D, add Open Scenes, checked Unity C# Projects
- Gone to Player Settings and checked VR supported and added Windows Holographic
- Built, In VS, I set to Release, X86, and Start without debugging.
This gives me the unity splash screen and then nothing. I've looked at my printed stone and chip images close and far, tried changing the near clipping plane from 0.3 to 0.85 in the Hololens camera, tried a different image and different models. Nothing seems to work.
I tried running it on VS on my local machine using my webcam, and it works. It only shows the model on a black background, but that's what I expect. When I run it in play mode on unity it correctly states that it has found and lost the images. I've tried running it with the debugger on, but VS decided it suddenly didn't want to display the log output anymore.
I'm about 2 minutes from ripping my hair out!
Thanks in advance, all!