i have Unity 5.4.0f3-HTP Personal and Vuforia 6.1.17.
I am running the Hololens sample with he teapots and the stone markers. I am able to deploy to the Hololens and the marker is recognized but when i walk around the marker the tracking is not smooth. The teapot jumps to a new position every time i move around the marker or move my head slightly. Its feels like Vuforia resubmits the position to Hololens, after i move by a significant amount. Only when i dont move and keep my head in the same position the teapot stays at the same place.
According to documentation https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Training/Developing-Vuforia-Apps-for-HoloLens
the procedure should be this
- Vuforia’s target Tracker recognizes the target
- Target tracking is then initialized
- The position and rotation of the target are analyzed to provide a robust pose estimate for HoloLens to use
- Vuforia transforms the target's pose into the HoloLens spatial mapping coordinate space
- HoloLens takes over tracking and the Vuforia tracker is deactivated
So after step 5) Vuforia should disable itself and not readjust the position. But instead it keeps tracking and resubmits new positions if the head is slightly moved. I verified this in Debug mode, where every time Vuforia finds a target it does a Debug.Log message.
If you disable extended tracking, Vuforia runs all the time and the tracking is smooth but the teapot disappears as soon as the marker disappears. In extended mode the teapot persists even after the marker is removed, but if the marker is visible i get the aforementioned jumps.
Does anyone else has a similar experience?