"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Vuforia 6.2.10 + Unity 5.6 + Hololens demo sample + ObjectTracking

1. After updating project to the new Unity version (5.6) the Y-axis transform on the ObjectTarget is inverted when app is running on Hololens.

This bug can be reproduced in 5.6 Unity + Hololens demo sample.

2. Also we saw, what tracking ObjectTarget was jittering in the near distance (40-50 cm)  for no apparent reason, when the target is shifting to the left and right.

But the tracking was fine at long distances (50-120 cm)

This bug can be reproduced in 5.5 Unity + Hololens demo sample.

Hello,

Thanks very much for the report. I was able to recreate the issue you've observed. I'll update this thread if any new information is available.

medabit

Wed, 04/05/2017 - 19:00

In reply to by medabit

Hello,

After some investigation, we have found a workaround to the "Y-axis transform on the ObjectTarget is inverted when app is running on Hololens" issue you raised:

Hello,

After additional investigation we believe the issue is a Unity bug introduced in 5.6:

https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?899019_35ajcff7iq4voloc

Hello,

Thanks for the helpful video. Can you confirm that Extended Tracking is enabled for the target?

Thanks.

maximrouf

Fri, 04/07/2017 - 17:54

In reply to by medabit

We don't use Extended tracking in this demo.

Our settings:

World center mode -> First Target

Camera Device -> MODE_OPTIMIZE_QUALITY

MAX Track Objects -> 1

Video Background -> Disable

Device Tracker -> Disable

Hello,

I would suggest doing a performance evaluation with Extended Tracking enabled. This utilizes Vuforia for object recognition, and HoloLens for tracking. I believe you will see a performance improvement.