"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Vuforia and Unity 2018.3 not prompting camera permission on HoloLens

I have just upgraded my project from Unity 2018.2.5f1 and Vuforia 7.2.23 to Unity 2018.3.0f2 and Vuforia 7.5.26. 

The upgrade went fine and my main scene works as expected in the editor, the problem is when I deploy and run on HoloLens. Before, once I started the app for the first time, the system used to prompt me the camera permission dialog; now it stopped prompting that and Vuforia does not start at all (I guess that the webcam cannot be accessed). Even if I give the app access to the camera through the settings, Vuforia still cannot start.

Anyone having the same issue? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Have you tried to deinstall your app from the Hololens and deploy it again? Did  you build the (updated) visual studio solution from Unity or from visual studio? If build from visual studio, there might be no additional prompt.

I have the same problem. I use Unity 2018.3.1f2 and Vuforia 7.5.26. There is no camera permission dialog and the camera on HoloLens don't work. 

Is it a problem with the unity version?

Sorry for the late reply, I had to leave this problem for a while.

So, I do not have the exact error, but when building and deploying with Visual Studio I was getting some errors at the (automatic) initialisation stage of Vuforia.

Same issue here with Unity 2018.3.8f1 and newer.

Deploying the master build the Permission to use the camera is not requested. It works fine with the release and debug builds, though.
It works as well with Unity 2018.1.