I am upgrading my Hololens 1 app to the HoloLens 2. I am using Vumarks. They work perfectly on Hololens 1 but I can get them to work on HoloLens 2.
When i am building my application in Release Mode, i get an error: "cannot load <Marker> database." In debug Mode it is working. The database is loaded but everything is super low.
I tried different things. Here are some steps to reproduce the problem.
- create a new unity project (i am using unity 2019.4)
- import hololens 1+2 samples for vuforia
- set all required settings for hololens deployment
- Build the visual studio solution via the build window of MRTK
- compile the app in release mode
- check on the hololens 2 that everthing is work.
- create a new dev key
- create a new vumark (template: https://uni-siegen.sciebo.de/s/Ooj5mHcZSxCws9h )
- import new vumark database into project
- set new dev key in vuforia configuration
- select the new vumark in the scene
- build visual solution
- compile app in release mode
- see error message in the development console on the left bottom
- compile app in debug mode
- see database is loaded and marker is tracked.