We have been experiencing few show stopper issues with camera rendering on iOS devices. Below is the description of the same,
- We have created a unity project (v5.3.1p3) with Vuforia (v5.0.10)
- We compiled it for iOS and ran the application
- With the first run we see a proper realistic (in terms of the output we are looking at, you would understand the context as you keep reading) camera rendering.
- From the second run, we see a zoomed camera rendering. By second run, we mean, the app was killed and opened up for the second time
Attached is the image comparison as you may see the measurement of zoom is 19 pixels.
How it troubles us,
- We have been using the region capture plugin from the below forum (for sure one of the key discussion topics as the feature is really exiting)
- The module works like charm on android devices while with iOS all of them have issues from the second run. It works for the first run and then flops because of the above zoom issue.
There is a whole group of audience, including us, wanting to get this issue understood and get to a solution asap. The issue is so different from what we deal with day in and day out.
We have searched the entire forum on similar issues and none of them have concrete answers,
Vuforia has been a great value provider for the business we do. Looking forward to see some inputs from your end to get these issues sorted out.