My app has the same problem and has been rejected for 3 times.
I tested your camaraworkaround project and got following results.
1. It doesn't works on iPhone 6 plus which running iOS 11.3(15E216). The camera can't be open after vuforia initialized.
2. It works on iPhoneX running iOS 11.2.5
3. I upgrade iPhoneX from 11.2.5 to 11.3(15E216) and reinstall the cameraworkaround. The camera goes black as iPhone 6 plus did
4. It works on iPad running iOS 11.2.5(15D60)
5. It works on iPad running iOS 11.3 as well
It seems that the workaround is not working on iPhone running iOS 11.3. And the workaround became a real bug on iPhone in iOS 11.3.
This bug is killing me. @Vuforia Support We need the patch ASAP.
The iOS 11.3 issue is a separate issue from what Adrian's code addresses. I'm working on getting information to share related to this issue.
I have posted an update to the package we have stickied here to include the updated code @adrianj has provided. Thanks again for your assistance with this issue Adrian!
Are you sure you want to delete this message?
Are you sure you want to delete this conversation?
To reset your password please enter the email address associated with your account. An email will be sent to you with instructions on how to complete changing your password.