Apologies if this question has been asked before. The project I'm working on is a personal one and it involves four different characters which means four different character rigs, models, textures, motions, etc. What I have now works, but it's intermitten. How it's set up is that all four character loads at once behind a texture GUI that covers the whole screen. I'm using this as a cover. Then when you tap on the welcome screen, 3 or the characters are hidden and one remains. On the AR Camera screen are four stationary buttons. One for each character. The whole point is that you can touch each button and that character will show while the others are hidden. So the problem is this.
1. When I point the camera at the image target and wait for 5 seconds before touching the welcome screen to go into the scene, the whole thing works and I can touch each button to rapidly switch from character to character.
2. When I point the camera and immediately touch the welcome screen enter the screen, it takes a second for the first character to appear and when I try to switch to another character, the one that was there hides and then it hangs for a long time.
So, my question is,...
1. Should I just seperate each character as it's own augmented scene? And how is that done? If you've seen the James May Science Stories app, how is each agumented scene seperated yet all in one app?
2. I'm using Activate/Deactivate to show/hide my characters. Is there a better way to do this in Unity?
3. Is there some setting you can set in the ARCamera or ImageTarget that would make the scene work better?
Any help would be greately appreciated. Feel free to contact me through my site - www.3david.com