"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Memory Leak with Vuforia v5.5.9 on iOS

I run the ImageTargets sample within sdk v5.5.9 and monitor the memory,  when the image starts and stops frequently, the memory usage will continue to increase. if i activate more datasets, then memory leak is proportional to the increase of activated datasets.

But when i replace with the sdk v5.0.10, the same sample will reduce the leak from 6~12MB to 1MB, seems the leak is more serious in the latest release of Vuforia.

Could you please help me on this issue? Thanks in advance.

Reproduce steps:

1/ Launching the Image Targets sample2/ Pressing the "start" button to start the AR activity3/ Opening the menu and pressing the "VuforiaSamples" item to deinit Vuforia and stop the AR activity.4/ Go back to 2/5/ Check the xcode11 memory figure . 

TriggerDanny

Wed, 04/20/2016 - 03:35

I'm not sure it's the same thing, but I'm seeing a similar memory leak with a Unity build. The main culpret seems to be extended tracking. With extended tracking on, the app will accumulate memory as long as an image target is tracking.