"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Resolution for Vuforia 7 / iOS 11.3 black screen problem?

I just recently upgraded my set-up to iOS 11.3 beta and Xcode 9.3 beta, since we need the enhanced capabilities of ARKit only available there. But Vuforia won't run in this combination, the app only shows a black screen.

I've seen that there's a sticky thread mentioning this known issue. But it is from February and still no solution?! Is there any workaround for this?

The sticky post also recommends to use Xcode 9.2, but with this version I cannot deploy directly to the device (only via organizer, which is quite cumbersome). So I would prefer to deploy using Xcode 9.3.

[quote=fabiotg54]

Same problem here.

When will be available Vuforia 7.2 with this issue fixed?

[/quote]

For developers of vuforia if it can be useful I have solved using sdk release 6 instead of 7

My iPhone auto-updated to 11.3 last night. 

And now I live in darkness. 

Please send help. Make sure they bring a flashlight.

Patiently waiting for 7.2, in the dark.

-Chilton

thank you " forum" for resolving this problem while waiting for an update of vuforia !

Best regards

Squallow

Hello all,

This issue has been resolved within Vuforia 7.1.34.

The native SDK containing this fix can be downloaded here: https://developer.vuforia.com/downloads/sdk

I have just tested it today and I still got the black screen on my iPad Pro 2017.

I have Xcode 9.3 and devices with iOS 11.3.

iOS 11.3.1 is out officially. Has anyone tested it on that yet? Or is it working with thee Vuforia update? I tried all the methods here but only one by chilton works. Has anyone tried 11.3.1 yet?

jamiedixxon

Sun, 04/29/2018 - 20:38

Chilton method worked - copy iOS 11.3 device support file from Xcode 9.3 into Xcode 9.2 - Compile build with Xcode 9.2.

Installing directly onto iPhone running 11.3 worked.

The following setup worked for me:

• Unity 2018.1.0f1
  • Vuforia 7.1.34
  • XCode 9.3

Tested on:

• iPhone 6 running iOS 11.3
  • iPad pro 9.7" running both iOS 11.3 and iOS 11.3.1

No luck here.. I tried it with the latest Vuforia (7.1.34) and the latest iOS (11.3.1) on iPhone 7. I don't use Unity, and tried it with 3 XCode versions: 9.2 (with the workaround for 11.3), 9.3 and 9.4 (beta). All with the same results.. the black screen

[quote=edulink]

No luck here.. I tried it with the latest Vuforia (7.1.34) and the latest iOS (11.3.1) on iPhone 7. I don't use Unity, and tried it with 3 XCode versions: 9.2 (with the workaround for 11.3), 9.3 and 9.4 (beta). All with the same results.. the black screen

ICEDevelopers - Can you confirm that the Vuforia version in your Vuforia Configuration is 7.1.34? Could you also share the logs when the issue is occurring?

edulink - Can you also share your logs?

Thanks,

Vuforia Support

[quote=Strasza]

ICEDevelopers - Can you confirm that the Vuforia version in your Vuforia Configuration is 7.1.34? Could you also share the logs when the issue is occurring?

edulink - Can you also share your logs?

Thanks,

Vuforia Support

[/quote]