"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Resolution for Vuforia 7 / iOS 11.3 black screen problem?

I just recently upgraded my set-up to iOS 11.3 beta and Xcode 9.3 beta, since we need the enhanced capabilities of ARKit only available there. But Vuforia won't run in this combination, the app only shows a black screen.

I've seen that there's a sticky thread mentioning this known issue. But it is from February and still no solution?! Is there any workaround for this?

The sticky post also recommends to use Xcode 9.2, but with this version I cannot deploy directly to the device (only via organizer, which is quite cumbersome). So I would prefer to deploy using Xcode 9.3.

[quote=pixelstein]

Didn't solve the problem. Still getting a black screen. Tried OpenGLES2 and or OpenGLES3. 

[/quote]

What device are you using? Also, what elements are in your scene - is there a Unity UI Canvas?

MedicineHorse

Mon, 05/14/2018 - 21:25

So I've been able to get my app working once I went with the Xcode 9.2 hack for 11.1 and forward. Problem I'm having now is that the app will work for a day or 2 but then it will kinda crash on startup.

Vuforia TEAm! PLEASE give us a feedback.....do you know this issue?

I checked and what happened is that there is no reason why camera stop working the model is IPAD Pro with a10x processor in other ios devices it works

it's urgent my client is waiting for a response

[quote=pant76]

Hi, thanks for reply

Xcode v.9.3

Unity3d V. 2017.3.0p3 with Vuforia 7.0.43

Ipad Pro processor A10x IOS 11.3.1

The xcode log is attached.

[quote=Strasza]

[quote=pant76]

Hi, thanks for reply

Xcode v.9.3

Unity3d V. 2017.3.0p3 with Vuforia 7.0.43

Ipad Pro processor A10x IOS 11.3.1

The xcode log is attached.

Hi, I updated vuforia and currently have version 7.1.31. 

When I try to upgrade via Unity->Help->Vuforia->Check for updates, it says that my version is up to date but I still have black screen on iOS.

How can I solve the issue? 

P.S 

tatumanakano

Mon, 05/21/2018 - 02:19

I tried to update my Vuforia from the link in Target Behaviour Component and I downloaded "UnitySetup-Vuforia-AR-Support-for-Editor-2018.1". I opened it and tried to run the installer but the default path was empty.

IceCreative

Fri, 06/01/2018 - 08:53

Shocked there is still no fix for the metal incompatibility when another fix was released yesterday for a memory leak

I am having the same issue. I am on Vuforia 7.1.35, Unity 2018.1.2f1, XCode 9.3 Beta 2, and iOS 11.3 Beta on an iPhone 6s. Is there any reason why the patch isn't working with this combination?

[quote=ggaabe]

I am having the same issue. I am on Vuforia 7.1.35, Unity 2018.1.2f1, XCode 9.3 Beta 2, and iOS 11.3 Beta on an iPhone 6s. Is there any reason why the patch isn't working with this combination?

[/quote]

Hi,

I upgraded my XCode to the public release of 9.4. I still get the "ERROR/AR(970) VideoBackgroundConfig with screen size of zero received" error though. Should I upgrade to the iOS 11.4 beta?

Unfortunately I still have the same problem with current versions of Xcode (9.4), Unity (2018.1.3f1) and Vuforia (7.1.35).

I was using your workaround with Xcode 9.2 in former App Releases but as were using Jenkins, it's not convenient to have any manual steps in the build process.