"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Unity4 - 768 resolution on Retina Device

For many of our Unity 3.5 projects we have yet begun designing our GUI's at a 2048x1536 resolution, yet we deploy to iPad Retina's all the time.  In Unity 3.5 we had the option in the Build Settings to build to the resolution of "Standard", essentially forcing the device to run our application at a size of 1024x768.

In Unity4 it looks like this resolution setting has changed to 768p (iPad).  

When I build a project in Unity4 at this resolution, to a Retina device, the AR camera appears in the upper right corner, like it can't quite get itself situated. 

This is remedied by modifying the build settings to be something like "Native Resolution" or "High Quality", but for the reasons listed above we can't build to that resolution because of our GUI sizes.

Has anyone else ran into this?  Is there a fix or setting that I'm missing to fix the ARCamera?

Hi balanceardevil,

We are aware of a potential issue here, as something similar was reported a few months back:

https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/unity-3-extension-technical-discussion/camera-viewport-gone-crazy#comment-2019553

Has this issue been solved?

Example: In Unity4, if I use" Set Resolution" from code and define the screen as 768 p, the camera breaks in vuforia.

How else to lock the retina screen to standard screen on ipad3 and newer?

Cheers