"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Vuforia 9.6.3 + iOS 14: CloudReco NOT working

In Vuforia 9.4.6, there waas a different error: targetFinder->startRecognition() was crashing. Now, with 9.6.3 that seems to be working fine again, but when we call finder->enableTracking(*cloudRecoResult), it crashes (every time).

Our code is the same it's been working for the past year, based on: https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/How-To-Implement-Cloud-Reco.html (C++ version). Same code is working fine in Android, so this is definitely an issue within iOS SDK.

Hi, 

Could you please provide  log file when the app is crashing? or if possible a barebone project with the cloud reco implementation in which the issue is reproducible?

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support

pepemarriot

Thu, 03/18/2021 - 20:36

In reply to by mcotora

Hi @mcotora, here you have a summary of the code:

Vuforia::TargetFinder* targetFinder;
std::string lastTargetId;

Hi @pepemarriot,

I successfully tested the Cloud Reco functionality on native using iOS. The code is similar to what you wrote. My understanding is that we did not make any changes to Cloud Reco.

Hi @mcotora,

The email is damian@camonapp.com.

As I've mentioned before, the exact same codebase is working on Android but it's not working on iOS. Android has never stopped working, but iOS has stopped working on 9.x. (we're currently using 8.5.8).

khanhabib

Thu, 03/25/2021 - 05:14

Hello All

Someone please guide me how to use Vuforia Cloud Recognition for Vuforia 9.8  & Unity 2019.4.

Please!