Xcode 11.4+ (Xcode 12) Simulator error : "Building for ios simulator but the linked library libvuforia.a was built for ios"

September 23, 2020 - 3:12am #1

My iOS app uses Vuforia, i used to work fine on simulator with the optional option for the framework libVuforia.a.

Now, I jsut updated to Xcode 12, and this new version doesn't handle frameworks like it used to. It tries to embed the iOSonly libVuforia.a on the simulator build, and makes this error : "Building for ios simulator but the linked library libvuforia.a was built for ios"

Has anybody found a workaround for this ? Is there an official recommendation on this matter from the Vuforia team ?

This is really a problem as it makes the workflow much more painful to test an app.

Xcode 11.4+ (Xcode 12) Simulator error : "Building for ios simulator but the linked library libvuforia.a was built for ios"

October 8, 2020 - 9:15am #3

I know Vuforia doesn't work on the simulator, but it's a little bit rude for the dev workflow that adding Vuforia lib to your project prevents you to test other parts of your app on the simulator. It used to be possible before Xcode 12 with a coupple of #if !(TARGET_IPHONE_SIMULATOR), but that doesn't work anymore.

September 23, 2020 - 4:52am #2

Hi,

Unfortunately we never supported simulator mode for iOS or Android.

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support