Vuforia SDK Version: 4.2.3 -
Description with steps to reproduce:
I'm using Vuforia as a complement for my application on Unity 4.5.5f1. The vuforia's part is only a module the user can enable/disable. I need to activate and deactivate Vuforia from time to time.
I've been able to put the ARCamera prefab into the scene and activate/deactivate the gameObject in order to get the camera stream when needed.
In my specific case, I need to use the front camera (with mirror image ON), and use NGUI at the same time.
I first tried to implement my module using the Vuforia SDK 4.0.103. I had the camera image as I wanted, but also had an issue with NGUI (similar to https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/issues-and-bugs/vuforia-40-messed-overlay-ui).
Now I'm using Vuforia SDK 4.2.3, I don't have any issue with NGUI anymore, but the "mirror image" for the Camera Front doesn't work at the first launch.
- Step 1 : Enable ARCamera prefab (set on CAMERA_FRONT, and mirror image ON) : Camera image is upside down
- Step 2 : Disable ARCamera prefab
- Step 3 : Enable ARCamera prefab : Camera image is normal
Tested on :
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 / Android 4.4.2
- Samsung Galaxy S3 / Android 4.4.4
- Note : I've tested on a Google Nexus 4 / Android 5.1 too but it's less stable. I have sometimes the stream frozen, sometimes not.
Is there something that I missed or is it a bug from SDK 4.2.3 ?
Thank you for your help.
Development OS (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux): Windows -
Mobile OS and Version: Android 4.4.2 -
Mobile Device Manufacturer and Model name: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 -
Do the Vuforia Sample Applications show the same behavior?: Tested the UserDefinedTargets sample. I changed to Camera Front, and both mirror image ON and OFF result to an upside down image.