Can't update to Vuforia 8.1.10

April 30, 2019 - 11:48am #1

Vuforia SDK Version: 8.1.7 -

Description with steps to reproduce:

Hi, When I go to Help>Vuforia Engine>Check for Updates, I get a message saying that "a new version of Vuforia Engine is available: 8.1.10," but when I click "Download Vuforia Engine 8.1.10, I get sent to a webpage with the following message: This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below. AccessDenied Access denied When I click on Download Vuforia Engine 8.1.10 in the Inspector, I get the same error message. Any thoughts? I'm having an issue where my test app works at first, but then when I go to open it again, I get either a black screen, or a see a frozen image. I'm hoping this is just the result of the version that I'm running. Thanks! Dave. -

Development OS (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux): Mac OS X -

Mobile OS and Version: iOS 12.2 -

Mobile Device Manufacturer and Model name: Apple 6S -

Do the Vuforia Sample Applications show the same behavior?:

AttachmentSize
Image icon What I'm seeing.png187.6 KB

May 3, 2019 - 11:57am #4

Hello,

We are currently experiencing some issues with 8.1 support in Unity 2019.1: https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/unity/known-issue-package-errors-when-importing-vuforia-samples-unity-20191-asset-store

If those suggestions do not resolve your issue, then I would agree that downgrading to 2018.3 is the next best step.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

May 1, 2019 - 3:49pm #3

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. That helped in that it enabled me to download the package, but the install itself wasn't successful. When I looked at the file, I noticed that it was labelled 2018.3:

UnitySetup-Vuforia-AR-Support-for-Editor-2018.3.pkg

I restarted my computer, tried again, and this time, the install was successful, but when I went back to Unity, I was still running 8.1.7. And the prompt was still there to download 8.1.10. So I restarted my computer again, thinking that might help, but no luck.

Any idea what might be going on? It's super weird. 

Dave.

P.S. I just noticed that your forum post announcing the 8.1.10 upgrade references 2018.3. Could that be the issue? I'm happy to install that earlier version of Unity if it works better (right now I'm using Unity 2019.1.0f2).

AttachmentSize
Image icon Could this be the problem?.png98.01 KB

May 1, 2019 - 2:16pm #2

Hello,

I actually hit this error for the first time myself a few days back. This can occur if you leave the Editor open for a long period of time without downloading the update installer.

I was able to resolve the issue by restarting the Editor and checking again for the update: Unity Editor->Window->Vuforia Configuration->Global->Vuforia Version

Please let me know if this does not work for you.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support