"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Poor Frame Marker Recognition under 2.5.7

Vuforia SDK Version: iOS 2.5.7 - Description with steps to reproduce:

I have a full AR frame marker App under iOS.  The App was fully tested and ready for the App store under SDK 2.0.30.  But the App store rejected because that SDK version still used UDID which is disallowed by Apple.  I then upgraded to SDK 2.5.7 to pass the UDID requirement of Apple.  I retested my App, and while it works for most frame markers, some frame markers are not detected.  Frame marker 62 and 45 simply are not recognized.  We use nearly all 512 in our process and App so it is critical that all frame markers are detectable and this solution is reliable.

I can recreate the issue easily.  I recompile my App using 2.0.30 and all frames are recognized, but then I recompile under 2.5.7 and these frames are no longer recognized.

Please help ASAP.  I'll accept a viable workaround.  Maybe until a permanent solution is found, I can get access to the SDK upgrade that just fixed the UDID issue.

I have a deadline to meet to get the product into the App store.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Sykes

- Development OS (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux): Mac OS X - Mobile OS and Version: iOS version 6+ - Mobile Device Manufacturer and Model name: Apple - Do the Vuforia Sample Applications show the same behavior?: Yes the results are the same with the Frame Marker sample App. Frame 062 does not get recognized. I put in a breakpoint in the sample code to show when trackable hit. The breakpoint was triggered for Frame 000, 001, but failed and never triggered for frame 62.

Thanks,

I will make these changes to the Sample App and test.

In the mean time, 2 related questions:

1. What is the timestamp on the libQCAR.a that you are using.

2. Is it possible to get access to SDK 2.0.32 if I need a temporary work-around.

Steve