Topic has a solution
Log in or register to post comments

(SOLVED) 'Black camera screen' after AR Android build

August 30, 2021 - 10:37am #1
Topic solved

Vuforia SDK Version: 10.1.4 -

Description with steps to reproduce: Hi This seems like a common issue but I cant find a fix anywhere?? I've recently installed Unity 2020.3.17f1 and the latest Vuforia I set up a simple scene with Vuforia camera, Image target with my own model, and build it onto my android phone. I open the app, it shows the Unity logo, then screen just stays black. I never used to get this issue with older 2018/19 Unity, and older Vuforia builds. Any help is appreciated, as I've checked countless old threads with no fix -

Development OS (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux): Windows -

Mobile OS and Version: Oxygen OS 11 and Android 11 -

Mobile Device Manufacturer and Model name: OnePlus 6 -

Do the Vuforia Sample Applications show the same behavior?: This actually works on my phone. The camera loads. And I have the Vuforia Samples>Image Target's database works with my printed Astronaut card (which thus shows the astronaut model)

 

This is really odd

'Black camera screen' after AR Android build

August 30, 2021 - 1:12pm #2

I've fixed it guys!

Please read this for the solution (for me alteast and i'm sure it will be a fix for you!)

In Project settings>Player>Other settings, change 'Scripting Backend' to 'IL2CPP' and 'Api Compatibility Level*' to '.NET 4.x' .

This was the fix. How I found it you ask? Well:

I finally managed to open up Vuforia's 'Sample scenes' that I was reading everywhere (to see if that worked, and if it did, then it was the person's build issue).

Well, the sample scene built onto my phone, and the camera/model showed with the image target.



So I checked through ALL all the Player settings options in the working sample scene, and anything that was different to my own scene's player settings, I changed also.

I was a bit sceptical at first, changing things I didnt really know, and after some trial and error, (and changing a few settings before these ones), the changing of the script background and Api level fixed it! 

 

If this works for other people, get it pinned!

 

 

Log in or register to post comments