"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Unable to import Vuforia 9.6.4 to Unity

Vuforia SDK Version: 9.6.4 - Description with steps to reproduce: Vuforia 9.4 worked just fine for me, and I faced no issue installing it into Unity 2019 and Unity 2020. But, after lots of efforts, I am unable to install/import Vuforia 9.6 into Unity. It shows 'Resolving Packages' and runs infinitely. It happens in both Unity 2019 and Unity 2020. Now, I'm unable to use Vuforia at all. Please solve this issue and try to provide older versions of Vuforia as well. - Development OS (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux): Windows 10 - Mobile OS and Version: iPhoneX - Mobile Device Manufacturer and Model name: iPhone - Do the Vuforia Sample Applications show the same behavior?:

AnastasiiaM

Tue, 12/29/2020 - 18:08

I face the same problem. Unity recommends me to update Vuforia Engine 9.6.4 from Git all the time. But if I press Update it crashes (resolving packages for infinite), and I see in Task Manager that app is not responding.

Hi @AnastasiiaM @shahdeep,

I can confirm that it is not stuck. Unfortunately we also experienced sometimes a bigger download time then expected. This is related mainly to the move to Git.

I am facing this problem as well.  Importing 9.6 prompts me to upgrade and when I do I end up with a console full of errors.

Hi @Casanis,

Could you please confirm the Unity version on which you get this error?

Please note that the recommended version for VE 9.6 is 2019.4 LTS+

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support

Hi @Kamery,

Could you please let me know how did you try to update Vuforia? using the scriptor through Unity or by manually downloading it from our website?

Also please mention the Unity version.

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support

I am also experiencing the same issue. I did not have problems with it until today.

Unity 2019.4.15 and Unity 2020.1.14

Vuforia 9.4.6

Hi @j1wan,

Based on your info, I understand that you where able to install the SDK but it fails when you try to build.

Could you please let me know the error that you got? and for what platform did you try to build?

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support

I got the similar issue.

I tried to add vuforia via "add custom package" before, it didn't work because i did not have GIT.

I've installed GIT and it worked once, now I'm creating a new clean project on two machines and I get:

Hi, I have the same problem as shown on the pic. 

Git is installed.

Did anyone of those who have the same problem an answer already which you can share?

Hi @Konfi,

The error is related to GIT not being in the path and cannot be used to retrieve the package.

There are 2 options to address this issue: