Topic locked

Unity 5 and Vuforia 4.2.3

May 13, 2015 - 7:22am #1

I've recently updated to unity 5 and also the latest vuforia version.

When I go to play mode unity crashes every time. I noticed in the release notes this happened in v4 on mac versions 10.9 and below.

I'm currently on OSX 10.8.5. Does this problem still exist in 4.2.3, and if so, any plans on fixing it?

Thanks!

June 2, 2015 - 10:30am #10

@grobm

could you create a new Topic ?

this thread is discussing a specific issue with Webcam access on Mac in Unity 5.

June 2, 2015 - 8:52am #9

Just started working with Vuforis in Unity 5.0.2f, not able to get the sample AssetBundleAugmenter to work. Getting error:

Assets/Scripts/AssetBundleAugmenter.cs(36,70): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.AssetBundle.Load(string)' is obsolete: `Method Load has been deprecated. Script updater cannot update it as the loading behaviour has changed. Please use LoadAsset instead and check the documentation for details.'

Any help assistance would be helpful.

//----------------Code-----------------//

using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using Vuforia;

public class AssetBundleAugmenter : MonoBehaviour, ITrackableEventHandler {
    public string AssetName;
    public int Version;
    private GameObject mBundleInstance = null;
    private TrackableBehaviour mTrackableBehaviour;
    private bool mAttached = false;
    void Start() {
        StartCoroutine(DownloadAndCache());
        mTrackableBehaviour = GetComponent<TrackableBehaviour>();
        if (mTrackableBehaviour) {
            mTrackableBehaviour.RegisterTrackableEventHandler(this);
        }
    }
    // Update is called once per frame
    IEnumerator DownloadAndCache() {
        while(!Caching.ready)
            yield return null;
        // example URL of file on PC filesystem (Windows)
        // string bundleURL = "file:///D:/Unity/AssetBundles/MyAssetBundle.unity3d";
        // example URL of file on Android device SD-card
        string bundleURL = "file:///mnt/sdcard/AndroidCube.unity3d";
        using (WWW www = WWW .LoadFromCacheOrDownload(bundleURL, Version)) {
            yield return www;
            if (www .error != null)
                throw new UnityException("WWW Download had an error: " + www .error);
            AssetBundle bundle = www .assetBundle;
            if (AssetName == "") {
                mBundleInstance = Instantiate (bundle.mainAsset) as GameObject;
            }
            else {
                mBundleInstance = Instantiate(bundle.Load (AssetName)) as GameObject;
            }
        }
    }
    public void OnTrackableStateChanged(
        TrackableBehaviour.Status previousStatus,
        TrackableBehaviour.Status newStatus) {
        if (newStatus == TrackableBehaviour.Status.DETECTED ||
            newStatus == TrackableBehaviour.Status.TRACKED ||
            newStatus == TrackableBehaviour.Status.EXTENDED_TRACKED) {
            if (!mAttached && mBundleInstance) {
                // if bundle has been loaded, let's attach it to this trackable
                mBundleInstance.transform.parent = this.transform;
                mBundleInstance.transform.localScale = new Vector3(0.3f, 0.3f, 0.3f);
                mBundleInstance.transform.localPosition = new Vector3(0.0f, 0.15f, 0.0f);
                mBundleInstance.transform.gameObject.SetActive(true);
                mAttached = true;
            }
        }
    }
}

May 15, 2015 - 8:44am #8

The fix of Webcam texture access might be included in one of next Unity 5.x releases, but we have not heard any news so far.

So, the OS upgrade seems a better option at this time.

May 15, 2015 - 8:04am #7

Ah, as I had suspected! Thanks for clearing that up.

Is there any news on a fix in the works? Or is the only option ever going to be upgrading OSX version?

Thanks

May 15, 2015 - 6:58am #6

The Play Mode crash when using an external webcam on Mac (which is mentioned in the Release Notes of 4.0.105)  is still unresolved in 4.2.3, cause this is not a vuforia specific issue, but a crash in the Webcam Texture access which can also be reproduced without using Vuforia and that affects Unity 5.0.1 (as of today);

the recommendation is to upgrade the Mac OS version to 10.10 or higher, as also mentioned in the Release Notes.

May 15, 2015 - 2:05am #5

When I imported the new version of vuforia I deleted the old versions of them folders before I imported the new ones.

I just created a new project, imported vuforia and put the ARCamera and an image target in the scene, pressed play, and it crashed. It also crashes when only the ARCamera is in the scene.

Cheers

May 14, 2015 - 8:33pm #4

It sounds like some required files may be missing. Here's the steps for Migrating a Unity project:

https://developer.vuforia.com/library/articles/Solution/How-To-Migrate-a-Unity-Project

Also, do this test: Create a new project and import the ImageTargets 4.2.3 sample app and verify things work. If so, then compare the files in the "Plugins" and "Qualcomm Augmented Reality" folders in the Project view.

May 14, 2015 - 2:20am #3

I'm not sure this is the problem. I tried clicking on other objects on startup, but it makes no difference.

The scene I am in is from a project I have upgraded from unity 4.6, and also the older version of vuforia(4.01 I think). But when I upgraded I deleted all the old vuforia files first before importing the new package. Everything seems to work fine, and vuforia works when I build the app onto my iphone.

I am getting this error when I click on the ARCamera, maybe the problem?

Couldn't open Assets/Plugins/QCARWrapper.bundle/Contents/MacOS/QCARWrapper, error: dlopen(Assets/Plugins/QCARWrapper.bundle/Contents/MacOS/QCARWrapper, 2): Symbol not found: ___sincos_stret
  Referenced from: Assets/Plugins/QCARWrapper.bundle/Contents/MacOS/QCARWrapper

Thanks for your response

May 13, 2015 - 8:48pm #2

The crash due to clicking on an ImageTarget prefab in the Hierarchy has been fixed in 4.2.3:

https://developer.vuforia.com/library/articles/Release_Notes/Vuforia-40-Sample-Release-Notes

Topic locked