"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

V10 puts 420MB of binaries in source control...?

Vuforia SDK Version: 10.0.12 - Description with steps to reproduce: I just installed the 10.0.12 update (from 9.something) in Unity with the update package. It has placed not one, but two copies of the 210MB com.ptc.vuforia.engine-10.0.12.tgz archive in the source controlled folders Packages/ and Assets/Editor/Migration/. What's up with that and how do I get rid of both of those? I'm not checking those into our git repos, my assumption is that they should be downloaded if they aren't in the local package cache, like every other package. - Development OS (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux): Windows 10 64-bit - Mobile OS and Version: Multiple - Mobile Device Manufacturer and Model name: Multiple - Do the Vuforia Sample Applications show the same behavior?: N/A

JCipriani

Thu, 08/19/2021 - 18:20

(Btw, having those files in there also means that GitHub users can no longer use GitHub for their projects, since it has a 100MB file size limit on individual files in repos. That's... kind of a big deal.

Hey,

Totally makes sense. I will check it out myself and raise this to our R&D team!

Thanks for pointing out.

Kind regards,

Patrick Scheper

Technical Community Manager

Hey there,

I am so sorry for not responding in time. Your thread slipped through and did not circle back to respond. I realised that I did not receive a response from our R&D and will check again.

Hey both,

I have not been able to reproduce the issue where there's a second tarball (.tgz) file is inside Assets/Editor/Migration/.